My Training Site Pty Ltd is committed to complying
with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ('the Act'), the Australian Privacy Principles, and the privacy provisions of all applicable legislation.
We must collect, retain and disclose some personal information under Australian law, for example under the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth) and the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). This
information will generally be retained for a period of seven (7) years.
We respect your privacy and the personal information you provide to us and we are committed to protecting it. If you do not provide the personal information we require it may not be possible to provide you with facilities or services, or do business with you.
We collect personal information about you when you:
1. register to use our services;
2. complete any internal forms;
3. register/request to be included on a mailing list;
4. submit information to us for any other reason.
We collect personal information about you only if it is relevant to providing our services. This information generally includes:
1. your name, gender, address, age, contact details;
2. details in respect of your purchases or our services offered to you;
3. records of correspondence between us.
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
1. to help provide a personalised experience for you (your information
helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
2. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
3. to provide to third party service providers or others to help provide a product or service to you;
5. to provide to our advisers (e.g. lawyers, accountants and business advisers) if necessary;
6. to be stored or transferred to a subsidiary, parent or related entity (whether in Australia or overseas);
7. to fulfil our contractual duties to you (if any) and enforce your contractual duties (if any) to us;
8. for internal purposes such as procedural assessment, risk management, service reviews and improvement, website and advertisement improvement, staff training, accounting and billing;
9. as otherwise permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
When registering with our company, it is taken that you consent to direct marketing. You have the opportunity to “opt out" of receiving direct marketing information. Unless you opt out we will assume you have consented to the receipt of that information. You may opt out by contacting us at email@example.com.
How we protect your information
To ensure that data is protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, your personal information is securely stored on reliable third-party hosting services which implement their own industry standards for website and database protection (including encryption, antivirus protection and monitored physical security). There is limited access to this personal information and the third-party servers, as well as the database, are each password protected. The third-party servers are further protected by the use of firewalls and antivirus software.
While the third-party servers and database are located overseas, it is unlikely that we will provide personal information to overseas recipients. If we collect sensitive information (as defined under section 6 of the Act) we will treat it with the utmost security and confidentiality. We will ensure that it is not collected for any purposes, other than those for which we have obtained the individual's consent, unless the law requires otherwise, or other exceptional circumstances prevail as described under the Act.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our (or others') rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We will destroy, permanently delete or de-identify your personal information once it is no longer needed or required to be kept by law. However, some personal information is required by law to be retained for a period of seven (7) years.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. As such, we will view unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal information by our employees, contractors or agents, as a serious breach of this Policy and appropriate action will be taken. If you believe that we have committed a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a binding registered Australian Privacy Principle code, you may make a complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access your personal information and to request that your personal information be corrected if an error exists. You may acquire more information about the way we manage your personal information or about obtaining access to your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer by e-mail on email@example.com. However, we may on occasion need to deny access to information in accordance with the exemptions contained in the Act.
This Policy is supplemented by our Collection Notice, available at www.mytrainingsite.com.au.
Last updated: 17 April 2015.
2. We respect your privacy and the personal information you provide us and we are committed to protecting it. We do not believe any exemptions apply other than in respect of our employee records (see section 7B(3) Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)).
3. We collect personal information from you when you use our services, ask to be included on a mailing list, or submit information to us for any other reason connected with our business. If you do not provide the personal information we require it may not be possible to provide you with our services, products or facilities. In limited circumstances we may collect personal information about you from third parties.
4. We may collect personal information from you if authorised or required to do so by law, for example, in complying with our obligations under legislation and regulations, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
5. We will use your personal information to identify you as a customer, to offer services to you, for internal administration purposes such as billing and accounting and, unless you request otherwise, to keep you informed of our services or those of our business partners that may be of interest to you. We may also provide your personal information to our advisers (e.g. lawyers or accountants) if necessary, and use is as otherwise permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
6. By using the company's services and providing information to us we will assume you have consented to the above uses of your personal information. You may “opt out'' of receiving direct marketing information. Unless you opt out we will assume you have consented to the receipt of that information. You may opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your information may be used for demographic data for aggregate use by us, our business partners, or our advisers. This information is not linked to any personal information under our control.
9. While our third-party servers and database are located overseas, the company is unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
10. By requesting use of our company's services, you acknowledge and consent to your personal information being disclosed to an overseas recipient who may not be bound by the Australian Privacy Principles.
Last updated: 17 April 2015.